WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON???

Sooooooooooo after a few hectic months and the intention of keeping up to date with blog posts....i failed!!!

The last few months have been a bit crazy with house hunting and also trying to get on top of wedding shiz! In the simplest terms, I am a mess recently! I turned up for my friends birthday breakfast this morning after taking 10 mins from bed to car, forgot to brush my teeth, hadn't showered, forgot to deodarise and I had fallen asleep fully clothed the night before!  So I am going to briefly update you and go into more depth at another point!
Are we nuts?!?! YES! Yes we are! We decided to do a wedding and buy a house at the same time....now sometimes I turn round and think why are we such idiots, and then other times I'm like...'We Got This!' followed by an air fist pump! Honestly though, why did we do this to ourselves!!! 😭 So as we enter into the next two years of craziness, it's hard to focus on both and to begin with we were jumping from house to wedding with no actual progress in either!
In the pursuit of finding our first perfect home together, in which we would hopefully maybe one day start our family in, we searched for a long time! Now I don't think I'm picky or overly fussy but we knew what we were looking for. After literally pulling out all the stops and doing everything we could, we had found our first perfect home together....and then we lost it! Now I won't go into any nitty gritty details because this is a wedding blog not a housing blog! After that blow, i needed something else to focus on and put my mind to.

We hit a year until the wedding without even realizing and as it both hit us, our faces dropped at the horror of how disgustingly unorganized we were! Standard! Am I every actually organised, I always say my desk at work represents exactly how organised my life is... it's an utter mess!!! I was so unorganized last week, I had no lunch and no time to get any so in the end my lunch consisted of microwave egg fried rice with a generous topping of American mustard! 😂
So with trying to keep my mind off the whole house thing for a while, i went into actually getting some wedding shit done!

Within a week, I went from 'couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery' to expert wedding planner! Nah just joking! But I did get a lot sorted and booked!

We booked our photographer and videographer, who I am extremely excited about having. A friend I have worked with previously and wanted right from the beginning who has such an eye for it.

We booked our band!! A local band to us who have such great vibes and we absolutely love their style!

We have sorted our Save The Dates, which our good friends Amy and Tom helped us with!

We have already found what wedding cake we are having! Something a little different!

I have found my bridesmaid dresses....and shoes which arrived yesterday!! Girls just so you know 😉

Furniture has been sourced!!

And even some alcohol has started being gathered!! Which is really hard to resist drinking once you hit the weekend!

Table decorations have been decided and also started being sourced!

We have even started wedding ring shopping!!

But most excitingly....we have designed and measured for my bespoke wedding dress by my incredible friend Tara Bradley-Birt Atelier!!!!
Literally cannot even describe how excited I am for this!!!
I will fill you in more at another point!

I feel like all of a sudden it is coming together now! We still have quite a lot to do but we do know how we would like everything so it's just a matter of booking!
I am a strong believer in fate and I believe everything happens for a reason and as much as I think that, it is hard to remember it at times!
We are now currently entering into a potential new home 🏡
From this we have actually split our roles within this crazy year! Kelvin is currently dealing with all things house whilst I take care of all things wedding which works so well for us, as all that legal house lingo just goes straight over my head and vice versa with kelvin and wedding lingo :P
I actually feel like we have a plan now!

So for now..... as I continue with my crazy busy life (which is a change when i'm never busy) I can say things are happening!

Now please enjoy an image of my amazing lunch i told you about, any lunches you would like to send to me would be greatly appreciated!!



xoxox



Comments

Popular Posts