Where Did It Start?

10 years ago, I was added on MSN (yes that messaging service that we came home from school where we spent all day with our friends to just carry on talking to them online all night). Anyway I was added on MSN by a guy in my year at school, complete opposites and never even spoken and if I'm being honest don't think I ever even noticed him 🙊
This isn't actually romantic at all by the way, just in case you think it's gonna be a love at first sight sorta thing.....ITS NOT!!!
After talking for a while we finally decided to do one of those awkward teenager type date meet up things, whatever you want to call it where we had the finest cuisine imaginable.....chicken and chips from one of those places where all the cool kids use to go!
I didn't eat a thing!
From there on out, we started seeing each other more and more which then led to eventually meeting the parents. Now neither of these went well. The first time I met his mum, he had literally just broken his ankle by jumping over a fence and was being pushed round in a trolley by his friend. And the first time he met my parents i decided for some reason it would be funny to tell him that my dad had just got out of prison for GBH (FYI my dad is not a criminal and never has been, it was completely false information). But in my head it was funny, so he ended up walking around a good 5+ miles with his friend to my house because he was too scared to come alone.
So moving on swiftly....we continued into Year 11 at school and attended prom together as a couple in the Bentley car that my parents had as their wedding car. Moving into college, I turned down further afield colleges and decided to not attend university as I knew it would have not worked with all that distance and I don't regret the choices for one minute!
So as years went on we found it just got better and better to the point of when he made that decision....he told me this by the way I didn't just know he was going to propose! In 2015 on a business trip to America for 3 and a half weeks(the longest we had ever been apart), this was when he realised that he wanted to propose to me. Which was when he messaged my best friend to let her know, unfortunately she had to wait quite a while after this as he wanted to do it on our anniversary of when we started seeing eachother! That was almost a whole year later! But the time came to go ring shopping as they would meet up without me knowing (I really don't have any whereabouts on him!) as my best friend would try on all the pretty rings including the £10,000 ring I always looked at 😍 (atleast it was acknowledged in the buying process) but it wasn't very nice on anyway apparently (whether that is actually true or a subtle way of saying your taking the piss if you think I'm going to spend that much 😂) I still love hearing the story from my best friend of how their conversation went in the car on the way to ring shopping, something along the lines of... 'I don't know why people spend so much on just a ring!' That went out the window as soon as he saw the right one!
With that all done, it was then on to planning how he would propose to me.....

Comments

Popular Posts