THE PROPOSAL!

For all of you who were hoping for romance, this is your romance alert!

April 8th 2017.

The previous week, my partner had said to me...'I have booked the Friday off as holiday, I was thinking if you book it off, we could have a nice long chilled weekend and go for a long walk and take Dexta' (Dexta is my dog by the way, he's my best friend and in my eyes the best dog ever but obviously that is biased but I will always argue the case :p)
Our favourite pastime is going for long walks with the dog and as we hadn't really taken much time off recently from work, I agreed and put in my request for the 8th off.

Unfortunately, as the week progressed my work load started to increase and I was very busy, with Friday a possible no go and having to work instead. You can imagine the panic running through his mind at this point with his plan potentially going up the swanney.
Luckily on Thursday, I had just managed to get all my work that needed to be done, done!

Friday morning and we did our usual routine we do on a Saturday, goto the gym! (I mean who else waits for the weekend to come after a week at work and wants to workout? That's us! :p)
However, after our long session in the gym, I was absolutely knackered and couldn't be bothered to go for a walk, all I wanted to do was my nails as I had hit that point where I had around 4 or 5 remaining (you will see later :p). I have actually been told I'm disgusting before because my nails have been chipped....REALLY!! That's a bit extreme!
So I got home and just sat down with that feeling that I couldn't get back up, I had sunk into that sofa and my last thought was even attempting to get out of it!
His plan was in full motion and I was putting the brakes on with my laziness! :p
He eventually convinced me to get up and go on this walk, I couldn't be bothered to even change, so I just chucked a coat on over my gym attire and we got Dexta to go on our walk.
Now let me take you through a vital bit of information to make me not even question this bit that is about to happen. Previously in the week, whilst on my way to site somewhere in the country, me and my fellow work mates had been chatting about various things and one thing was what we would like to do when we retire? My answer was that me and my partner would be ramblers as we love going on walks so much :p I went home and told him this that night!
Now in my head, this had obviously sunk in with him which is why he decided to take a backpack with him on this walk, when I asked why he had a backpack, he simply told me it had bottles of water and a coat as the weather was bit chilly at times and we were going on a long walk (the last thing I want to hear when I have only just scooped my behind off the sofa!)
So we set off on our walk up the downs, the woodlands that run across behind my house across the fields with Dexta in tow. (this is where we always like to go for a walk as it has amazing views and has always been a childhood walk for me)

As we reached the top and moved across the downs towards what is famously known as 'Plum Pudding' (a big mound of dirt covered in grass with an indentation at the top), we noticed two men sat at the top. We always stop and sit on plum pudding for a bit, little did i know that this time it was more important that we did so before you know it, Dexta had wondered off into the bushes and would not come back. Lucky for my partner, this was a great opportunity for some extra time in the hope the two men would leave and move on. As i went wondering into this maze of a bush and trees, and it was a maze, full of little paths leading in different directions. I came back out with Dexta again and the men still sat at the top of Plum Pudding, we carried on with me not knowing that my partner was going into panic mode.
Now this was the blessing in disguise really, as we approached he actually realised that this spot wouldn't not work anyway.....

We carried on walking along and eventually got to a point where we stopped and my partner stopped, looked across at the view and put his bag down. Reaching into his bag, he pulled out a pair of binoculars. My immediate reaction was 'What the f**k, why have you got binoculars?', with his response being 'Well I like to do a bit of bird watching, bit like Ray Mears me!'
I laughed and immediately pulled out my phone to take a picture to show the girls at work how seriously he had taken my rambling comment!


He then went onto ask me what was on my house, I was way too busy taking pictures to embarrass him as that's what I'm all about :) so i just shrugged it off with a quick 'I don't know'
I wasn't taking the bait! So he passed me the binoculars and told me to have a look to which I saw a massive sign hanging from my house with the words...'Will You Marry Me?'
I pulled the binoculars away to see him down on one knee holding a ring! He was shaking like mad! I don't know why to be honest, I mean come on we have been together 9 years already, you cannot be that scared :p
I was so shocked, i burst into tears and just cried, and he just hugged me.
I didn't even respond or look at the ring and after about a minute he said 'You haven't even said if you will marry me yet'
I responded with a yes of course and as we sat down, he pulled out a bottle of prosecco and some glasses which is when i finally looked at the ring! I was in so much shock I literally could not even think straight so when he pulled out a marker pen and said 'Emma said you would need this' I literally could not even think why or for what reason. (It was for a proposal announcement I had seen ages ago and said I would like to do it!) My mind had gone to jelly and I honestly think if you asked me my name, I would have said I can't remember! :p

We made our way across the downs and back down to my house, where we were welcomed by my parents and could see the sign in the full flesh that he had arranged with my dad to hang out the window when we left for our walk.

My partner then suggested how about we go out for a meal and celebrate! I am always the first to jump at the chance of going out and celebrating so immediately started to do my nails as they needed refreshing for my shiny new ring and began to get ready.
We met my friends who joined us for dinner at our local restaurant and enjoyed a lovely meal, any sign of a celebration is always an excuse for me to go all out with food and indulge in those sweet treats so when the waitress came over and asked if we would like pudding, my eyes lit up but everyone elses responses were a simple no. I mean where was the sweet treat spirit!! So i politely declined as I did not want to be the one everyone watched indulge in their pudding whilst they were waiting to leave.
We decided we would carry on the celebrations with some beverages in the pub next door to where lone behold all my nearest and dearest were waiting as a surprise to celebrate with me (including all my friends I had set up a group chat to announce previously that day, the sneaky so and so's)

It had been an amazing day! Surreal but amazing and with all the shock and surprises, it felt a bit like a blur! I have never had such a surprise and even still shocked to this day that he managed it, I mean he can't lie for sh*t, I can out him for anything as he has a tendency to laugh when he lies. I must say in our whole relationship, it's the only surprise and the best surprise I have received from him. I take my hat off to him!!!
I still woke up the next morning to check my hand just to make sure it was all real!















Comments

Popular Posts